Bonnie Springs Ranch: A step back in time in Las Vegas
Bonnie Springs Ranch is a unique Western town attraction located just a short drive from the Las Vegas Strip. The ranch is situated in the Mojave Desert, surrounded by towering red rock cliffs and mountains. Bonnie Springs Ranch offers a variety of activities for visitors of all ages, including horseback riding, stagecoach rides, train rides, mining, panning for gold, and more.
History of Bonnie Springs Ranch
Bonnie Springs Ranch was originally established in the 1840s as a stopover for wagon trains heading to California. In the early 1900s, the ranch became a popular destination for miners and ranchers. In 1952, the ranch was purchased by Bonnie McGaugh, who renamed it Bonnie Springs Ranch. McGaugh added a restaurant and motel to the ranch, and she began offering horseback riding and stagecoach rides to visitors.
Things to do at Bonnie Springs Ranch
One of the most popular activities at Bonnie Springs Ranch is horseback riding. The ranch offers a variety of horseback riding trails for all levels of experience. Visitors can choose from a short trail around the ranch to a longer trail that leads into the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.
Bonnie Springs Ranch also offers stagecoach rides. Visitors can take a stagecoach ride around the ranch or to the Bonnie Springs Cemetery, which is the final resting place of many of the early settlers of the area.
Bonnie Springs Ranch also has a miniature train that visitors can ride. The train ride takes visitors around the ranch and through the cactus garden.
Mining and panning for gold
Bonnie Springs Ranch offers visitors the opportunity to try their hands at mining and panning for gold. The ranch has a mining area where visitors can dig for gold-bearing rocks. Visitors can also pan for gold in the ranch’s sluice box.
In addition to the activities listed above, Bonnie Springs Ranch also offers a variety of other activities, such as:
- Visiting the Bonnie Springs Cemetery
- Shopping for Western souvenirs at the ranch’s gift shop
- Eating at the Bonnie Springs Ranch Restaurant
- Enjoying live music at the ranch’s saloon
Tips for visiting Bonnie Springs Ranch
- The best time to visit Bonnie Springs Ranch is during the spring and fall, when the weather is mild.
- Bonnie Springs Ranch is located in the Mojave Desert, so it is important to wear sunscreen and a hat.
- Bring plenty of water, especially if you plan on doing any of the outdoor activities.
- Wear comfortable shoes, as you will be doing a lot of walking.
- Be aware of the rattlesnakes and other wildlife that live in the area.
Bonnie Springs Ranch is a great place to visit for people of all ages. It is a fun and educational experience that offers visitors a step back in time.